No matter what type of car you happen to have, the manufacturer always has a set schedule of maintenance tasks for your automobile. This type of service is usually known as factory scheduled maintenance, or 30/60/90K. Those numbers are significant because the interval between each maintenance service is about 30,000 miles. Many people see this schedule as optional, considering their car might be working fine.
However, the schedule is not a scheme to get you to spend money. The service is necessary for the long-term health and condition of your vehicle.
You should be more aware of your factory maintenance schedule for several reasons:
- Your warranty may require it. Some manufacturers place such importance on 30/60/90K maintenance that not following the schedule could void your vehicle warranty.
- It can prevent minor problems from becoming major. Regular maintenance can identify possible issues early on before they can cause severe damage or vehicle breakdowns.
- It can extend the life of your vehicle. Regular maintenance keeps your running efficiently, which translates to more miles over its lifetime.
- It helps retain your car's value. If you decide to sell your vehicle, you may be able to sell it higher than market value if it is in good shape.
What Does the 30/60/90K Involve?
The initial step in 30/60/90K maintenance is to thoroughly inspect the car's major systems for signs of problems, followed by any of the following procedures as needed:
- Replacing spark plugs
- Replacing filters
- Checking, topping off or replacing fluids
- Tire rotation and pressure check
- Oil change
- Timing belt inspection
- Brake servicing
As you may already know, the higher the mileage on the car, the more likely it will need parts replaced. For instance, the timing belt is usually changed at 90,000-100,000 miles. Therefore, the service might be a little more complex later on in the vehicle's life.
For high-quality auto maintenance and repair in Burnt Hills, NY, come by Gil's Garage. Our excellent team offers five-star customer service and is committed to satisfaction. If you need a factory scheduled maintenance soon, please give us a call.